Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Our Class Wiki - So Far

     I must admit I have not started to contribute to my wiki page as much as I want to. However, I chose the same topic as I did for my research paper, so I plan to use a lot of my research to contribute.  In my paper, I discussed a lot about Stewart Cink, a PGA golfer.  He is really involved in his Twitter and I think its a good example of how to use it in a positive way.  He really loves his fans, and he goes as far as tweeting back to them, while giving some golf tips and real life visions of the golf course.  He serves as a role model to many, and it shouldnt go unnoticed.   
    In one of my scholarly articles, a great statistic was given about the fans of the NFL and MLB which I plan to contribute to the page.  55% of all NFL fans and 61% of all MLB fans now enjoying watching the sport more now that new media is being used.
    In my paper I discussed at length some positive and negative effects of using new media in the college world, whether it be the student athletes, the coaches or the actual programs itself.  Im going to contribute this as well because I think its really important for teaching the right ways to use new media, starting at the high school and college level.

No comments:

Post a Comment